Article published by the International Health, Racquet, & Sportsclub Association:
Research Shows Health Clubs Are Safer Than You Think
Contrary to popular belief, early research suggests health clubs may pose no additional risk in transmitting coronavirus compared to other public places.
A message from the Sportset President
New Sportset Standard of Sanitization
Contactless Check-In Procedure
Check-in made easy!
We are looking forward to welcoming you all back upon re-open. So far we are on track to re-open the club in phase 4. The following bullet points below you will see the physical, operational and programmatic changes that Sportset has already completed to-date in order to welcome you back.
Health Club Equipment
Programs and Services
- New state-of-the-art contactless facial recognition temperature scanner to be used by all persons prior to entering the club.
- Installed automatic, no touch, entrance door opener.
- Member scan-less front desk check-in to minimize exposure to staff and members.
- Installed protective, plexiglass barriers at the front desk.
- The club’s lighting system has been upgraded to a cloud based computerize system which allows the lights to be activated by timers or apps, thus eliminating the staff’s need to touch switches.
- Social distance markers are prominent throughout the club.
- Our new phone system will forward phone calls directly to Sportset’s staff via voice mail, thereby eliminating the sharing of phones by staff.
- We us now accept contactless payments using the mindbody poynt system.
- All members must make an appointment to be placed in a group fitness class, receive one-on-one training, or to come into the club to work out. For example. Even if you simply want to run on the treadmill you will have to go to Sportset’s app, select a time you want to use the treadmill, and book it. Class sizes will be regulated in order to control class capacity, and to meet the social distancing guidelines. It's super easy and convenient, See the video above for more info.
- Hand sanitizer locations have been tripled throughout the club, and a stepped-up initiative to make sure members use the hand sanitizes will be implemented.
- Electrostatic Vapor Machines and Back-Pack Sprayers are being used to disinfect the club, the exercise studios and the exercise equipment between classes.
- Ultraviolet Light Sanitizers will be installed in the HVAC ventilation system. This is a germicidal tool that will effectively purify the air we breathe throughout the club.
- Locker rooms have been: changed, disinfected, painted and sterilized.
- Steam rooms have been removed, and will be replaced with modern, hygienic, infrared saunas.
- New hands-free sinks have been installed in all the club’s rest rooms and locker rooms.
- A sanitizing table near the front entrance to the club will provide each member with his/her personal sanitizing spray bottle during their workout session. Spray bottles after the workout session, will be returned to a receptacle at the sanitizing table area to be sanitized, refilled and returned to service.
- Multi-purpose gym mats will no longer be provided in the fitness and group fitness areas. Members will be asked to bring their own mats, or they may purchase one at Sportset.
- The complimentary towel service will be discontinued to prevent cross contamination. However, as a gift, each returning member will receive a new, Sportset-embroided, workout towel.
- PPE merchandise such as: face masks, gloves and towels will be available for sale to staff and club members.
- Members will be required to wear the proper PPE face mask when in the club. The only exception being if they are engaged in high intensity exercise
- Classes will be scheduled 30 minutes apart to allow for cleaning between classes, and floor markers spaced 6 feet apart to properly position each group class member.
Health Club Equipment
- Cardio equipment has been relocated to ensure social distance guidelines, along with appropriate distance floor markers and ample signage throughout the club and fitness areas.
- Fitness floor equipment have been re-arranged to reduce capacity, and to comply with social distance guidelines.
Programs and Services
- All group fitness classes have been reduced in capacity to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Members will be required to reserve a space in a group exercise class to comply with the new group fitness class size guidelines.
- Video on demand classes in yoga, cycling and group fitness are available. Virtual real-time Silver Sneaker’s classes will be available soon.
- The child care program opening will be delayed indefinitely.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate through these uncertain times. Wishing you the best in health and happiness.